You can click on links below to apply for benefits, renew/recertify your benefits, update, or finish/start a new application and get your questions answered.
Apply for Benefits
Get My Questions Answered
Medi-Cal may help pay health care services if you:
- Are the parent/caretaker relative of a child in the home under age 21
- Are pregnant
- Are Aged (65 years of age or older), Blind or Disabled
- Have tuberculosis, breast and/or cervical cancer or HIV/AIDS
- Are a former foster care youth under the age of 26
- Are under Age 65
To receive full benefits, you must be a US citizen or permanent legal citizen. Individuals, who do not have citizenship documentation, can receive emergency services only.
The amount of income you have will determine if you need to pay for part of your health care services. This portion is called a Share of Cost.
County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
CMSP provides health care to individuals ages 21 through 64, who reside in a participating CMSP county, have income at or below 300% of the federal poverty level (FPL), and are not eligible for Medi-Cal benefits. To receive full benefits, you must be a US citizen or permanent legal citizen. Individuals, who do not have citizenship documentation, can receive emergency services only.
To see if your county offers CMSP, please click here.
CMSP may cover:
- Acute inpatient hospital care
- Adult day health care services
- Audiology services
- Blood and blood derivatives
- Chronic hemodialysis services
- Dental services
- Durable medical equipment
- Emergency air and ground ambulance services
- Hearing aids
- Home health agency services
- Hospital outpatient services
- Laboratory and radiology services
- Mental health counseling services
- Medical supplies
- Non-emergency medical transportation
- Occupational therapy services
- Optometry services, including an eye examination and an allowance of $80 for materials (lenses & frames)
- Outpatient clinic services
- Outpatient heroin detoxification services
- Pharmaceutical services provided by network pharmacies
- Physical therapy services
- Physician services
- Podiatry services
- Prosthetic and orthotic appliances
- Speech therapy services
If you would like health benefits starting January 1, 2014, use this link to go to Covered California to complete your application and determination of eligibility for those benefits.